Tuesday, August 28, 2018

New Hampshire congressional candidate Andy Martin explains why his “freedom of information” (“NH Right to Know law”) efforts have led to the downfall of his primary opponent, Andy Sanborn

News from:
ANDY MARTIN /2018        
Republican candidate for Congress
New Hampshire-
First Congressional District
           
www.AndyMartin.com
www.FirstRespondersOnline.us
Headquarters:
E-mail:AndyNewHampshire@aol.com
P.O. Box 742
Manchester, NH 03105-0742
Tel. (603) 518-7310
Fax (866) 214-3210
Blogs:
www.AndyMartinforCongress.blogspot.com
www.AndyMartinforCongress.wordpress.com

-----

To become a regular subscriber to our emails please send an email to andynewhampshire@aol.com and place “SUBSCRIBE” in the subject line

Please feel free to forward and/or post this email

Please sign up for our Twitter feed with enhanced, original coverage
-----

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

This letter is one of New Hampshire First District congressional candidate Andy Martin’s continuing reports to the citizens of his district

Martin explains how his “Right to Know law” agreements with the Attorney General have devastated the campaign of his primary opponent Andy Sanborn

(MANCHESTER, NH)(August 28, 2018)

Dear New Hampshire Citizen:

This is my twelfth letter to you from the congressional campaign trial. Honestly, I didn’t think we would make political history in this campaign, but we have. After the way I have campaigned, and after what I have achieved, New Hampshire politics will never be the same. And we are still making history. We’re not finished. “There are miles to go,” as Robert Frost stated.

Ask yourself: what kind of a congressman would you like? Obviously, he would be a person responsive to the people of his district. Then you would want someone tough enough to survive in Washington, someone who isn’t a quitter. Finally, you would want a dogged investigator; because both Republicans and Democrats agree there is a lot to investigate in Washington.

I’d like to add two more qualities: you would want someone to be honest with you, someone you could be proud of. Most campaigns are focused on fear, fear of the “base,” fear of appearing to be less extreme than your opponent.

So how have I matched up with your expectations?

You wanted an investigator; you got one. I negotiated agreements with the Attorney General for the release of “Right to Know law” (“RTK”) information concerning two of my opponents, Andy Sanborn and Eddie Edwards. (More of Edwards in a subsequent letter.)

Today Sanborn's campaign is smoldering. He should have taken my advice and stepped down in June. Monday night the Attorney General released yet another installment of RTK materials and they were disturbing to say the least. The by now infamous “boom boom room” at Sanborn’s saloon was confirmed by another witness, with even more weird information.

The witness testified that Sanborn apparently invited the intern who started the state house scandal to Sanborn’s saloon, after closing hours, to a basement room where Sanborn was cooking somewhere in the vicinity. I’ve never heard stuff like this. But the “Boom Boom Room” appears to be real. Sanborn is reported to have asked the intern leading questions, which suggests some sort of recording capability in the “room.”

The testimony about Sanborn’s boorishness and crassness is endless.

Can you believe - I am sure Sanborn doesn’t -- that through my efforts we have secured the release of over 1,000 pages of testimony concerning the Sanborn scandal? Yes, over 1000 pages.

Now, either the people at the Attorney General’s office are all incompetent, and they wasted time and money assembling a record, or else there was something there to investigate. Let me explain a little bit more to you. When the TV lights are turned off, prosecutors are pretty conservative people. They do not like to bring weak criminal cases. And, no, Sanborn was not criminally charged. But in deciding whether to pursue a criminal case, the prosecutors assembled thousands of pages of testimony and evidence. I have only obtained a fraction of it, and I am still asking for more. Not being criminally charged is not the standard for electing a congressman.

So check off the first requirement for your congressman. You want a dogged investigator, you have one in me. My results speak for themselves, with more to come (big day tomorrow).

Knowing Sanborn was dead in the water if the truth came out, the Republican Party, from State Chairman “Joker” Wayne McDonald down to his munchkins at the local level, did everything they could to derail my campaign and defeat me. But my campaign gets stronger every day.

You don’t want a quitter? Well, you can see I don’t quit. The Attorney General did not want to release Sanborn’s papers until after the election. I persisted until we negotiated a deal for early release and it has made all the difference. I didn’t quit until I negotiated a good deal for the citizens of new Hampshire.

You want someone who will respond to the needs of your district, and take care of day-to-day business? I will be there for you every day of the year.

Finally, you want someone to be honest with you, someone who will make New Hampshire and you proud.

Politicians by nature are not brave men and women. Everyone talks about ending the partisan bickering, but no one wants to take the first step. You have to be very confident to take charge of the process.

I have made it a hallmark of my campaign - perhaps the only congressional candidate in the nation - promising to go to Washington and stop the backstabbing, the gridlock, the bickering, bad-mouthing and all the other abuses that have paralyzed the congress. I will make you proud because I have the guts and the persistence to pursue my goal.

Let me say one more thing about Andy Sanborn. What I find and found most astounding was that the most controversial incident of the Sanborn scandals, which span years of abuses, involved a gross comment made in front of his wife. Now I played Big Ten football, so I am no stranger to locker rooms. But almost everyone would be reluctant to make a gross remark involving his own wife in front of his wife. No one can decipher the secrets of a marriage. But Sanborn’s attitudes were becoming offensive fifty years ago. Yes, Sanborn is fifty years behind the times in his attitude towards women.

I wish we had the money to put the “Sanborn Papers” on the Internet. They are gross and crude, but they are also revealing about the candidate’s attitude in 2018. I do not hate Andy Sanborn, though I disagree with him. (And I am waiting for my “Mr. Rogers  sweater,” because Sanborn keeps calling me a “moderate,” which I am not.) I feel sorry for Sanborn that he took the totally wrong approach to responding to his scandal. Nevertheless, it’s over for him. There is still a lot we do not know about the Sanborn Scandal, but we know enough, some would say too much about the tawdriness of our state legislature.

I met Donald Trump forty (40) years ago. We were neighbors. I think he wants to do a good job. Most of us want him to do a good job. Few people want to do a bad job. But Trump lacks the political experience to leverage his good intentions. I have the depth of experience to help the president accomplish much of his agenda.

The First Congressional District leans “Republican” but it is not a right-wing district. We are not right-wingers in New Hampshire. Yet both of my opponents have flooded the state with right-wing Republicans endorsing their candidacies. In other words, they want to appear extreme in the primary to attract voters, while eventually ensuring their defeat in November.

On the contrary, I know that if I lie to you in the primary, I will pay for it in November. I have chosen to tell you the truth: I’m conservative, but an independent conservative, not a lockstep one. I will take on the toxic partisanship in congress and make a dent, a big dent, in that institution. Rest assured. I am a New Hampshire conservative of the old school. We get things done.

I have more respect for your intelligence than my opponents do. I know you want to win. You want me to campaign on a positive platform, not just bow to a rote right-wing agenda. I will protect Medicare and Social Security. While pursuing a conservative approach, I will ensure that no American is left behind. Our “Safe Stations” approach to helping drug abusers in Manchester is an example. It is based on local firehouses, neighbors helping people. But “Safe Stations” actually helps jumpstart the process of recovery (please see links [1], [2] below]). Conservatism in the service of a humane approach to government.

Over the weekend I told you about a church in Manchester, founded in the depths of the depression by brave souls including my immigrant grandmother. Eighty-two years later the church is flourishing. I use modern equipment, such as computers, email and other conveniences. But my values are old-fashioned, New Hampshire values. I will make you proud to have me as your U. S. Representative. I would never let you down any more than I would let down my parents, grandparents and others.

There is hard work to be done in Washington; I have a strong back to get started.

Respectfully,

Andy Martin

----------

LINKS TO THIS STORY (cut and paste the entire link below and not just the underlined portion):

[1]


[2]

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSextonWMUR/videos/president-donald-j-trump-at-manchesters-central-fire-station-for-safe-stations-t/1853258121640693/

New citations after emailing:


ANDY MARTIN - A BRIEF BIO:

Andy Martin is a legendary New Hampshire-based muckraker, author, Internet columnist, talk television pioneer, radio talk show host, broadcaster and media critic. With fifty years of background in radio and television and with five decades of intelligence, investigative and analytical experience in Washington, the USA and around the world, Andy provides insight on politics, foreign policy, military and intelligence matters. For a full bio, go to: www.AndyMartin.com; also see www.BoycottABC.com/executive_director.htm

Andy has also been a leading corruption fighter in American politics and courts for fifty years and is executive director of the National Anti-Corruption Policy Institute. See also www.FirstRespondersOnline.us; www.AmericaisReadyforReform.com.

He holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois College of Law and is a former adjunct professor of law at the City University of New York (LaGuardia CC, Bronx CC).

He is the author of “Obama: The Man Behind The Mask” [www.OrangeStatePress.com] and produced the Internet film “Obama: The Hawaii’ Years” [www.BoycottHawaii.com]. Andy is the Executive Editor and publisher of the “Internet Powerhouse,” blogging at www.contrariancommentary.wordpress.com and www.ContrarianCommentary.com.

Andy’s family immigrated to Manchester, New Hampshire over 100 years ago; today his home overlooks the Merrimack River and he lives around the corner from where he played as a small boy. He is New Hampshire’s leading corruption fighter and Republican Party reformer.

UPDATES:

www.twitter.com/AndyMartinUSA
www.Facebook.com/AndyMartin

Andy’s opinion columns are posted at ContrarianCommentary.com, ContrarianCommentary.blogspot.com and ContrarianCommentary.wordpress.com

[NOTE: We try to correct any typographical errors in our stories; find the latest version on our blogs and don’t hesitate to let us know if you find an error.]

----------


© Copyright by Andy Martin 2018 – All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment